My readers' locales:

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Week 6 #15 Library 2.0

I have read all I can about Library 2.0. This is how I feel. GREAT! MY JOB IS SECURE! WOOHOO!!! Boy, when we first saw those self-checkout machines we were like, man, the library is going high-tech, will my job be replaced by a machine? Is there a future for librarians? Does Jeeves at Ask.com serve as the new generation of librarians? No, because there is a Library 2.0! The Web is not replacing anything, except life and paper. The library gone virtual. I suppose its a good thing I know a thing or two about computers, huh!

1 comment:

Oleg Boyarsky said...

Don't worry...we sell various kinds of patron self-checkout machines as well as media dispensing machines to libraries...take my word for it, NOTHING will replace a human being, especially in libraries.

You are safe !

Oleg
www.LATcorp.com